Smells Like School Spirit
Newt is sworn in as student president and plans to make a chill zone where students can just relax, however, ex-president Candy Smiles wants to make a pep squad instead.
Cory joins the pep squad thinking it will make Meena like him and when Candy asks him out, he goes out with her to make Meena jealous.
- This is the seventh episode of the first season. The episode aired on February 23, 2007.
- Cory says Victor has not exercised in ten years, however, there was a whole episode of "That's So Raven" dedicated to Victor exercising.
- Candy: Although I am no longer in office, I will always be involved. Rest assured, student government will always have a (with a peppy tone) piece of Candy!
- Cory: (droning, holding the word) Wow.
- Dr. Vanderslyce (to Newt): Newton, as new student body president, do you promise to fulfill the responsibilities and duties of your office to the best of your ability?
- Newt: (laughing) You said "duties."
- Dr. Vanderslyce (to Newt): Newton, as President, is there anything on your agenda?
- Newt: No, but I do have a list of things I want to do.
- (After Victor injures himself doing the splits)
- Newt: See? That's a sign: don't use Candy!
- Cory: That's not a sign! It's just a man who hasn't exercised in ten years!